Wednesday 2 March 2016

UNILAG STUDENT WHO GRADUATED WITH 5.0

After eight years of striving to be in school Ayodele Daniel Dada finally gained admission in 2011 into the University of Lagos. Today, he stands tall among his peers, creating a record of 5.0 CGPA after 54 years of UNILAG. Born and raised in Lagos but hails from Ekiti,Ayodele presently interns with Procter and Gamble.

In this interview with OBAJEUN, Ayodele shares an inspiring story of relentless drive, steadfastness and passion for knowledge.

Family and the journey to UNILAG
Ayodele tells the story of his life battle. He
faces disappointment when he wrote his jamb exam expecting to get a good grade only for his result to be cancelled because his score was too good to be doubted. He says “mum and dad didn’t want me to do psychology as they wanted engineering or medicine but my dream was psychology”. After this disappointing situation nobody supported Ayodele in his psychology career.  He says that his parent would not accept another school for him but UNILAG. He bought into it at least, but made it clear that even if he was to go to UNILAG, it has to be on his own terms. “I really wanted to get a bit of independence” he says. You know sometimes too, parents can be overbearing and they say do this, do that.
I wanted to start my university education in 2010, but it was the period when my dad had an accident and he was hospitalized. It is just by the grace of God that he is alive. Prior to that, my relationship with my dad wasn’t that cordial. We had too many differences of opinions. Luckily, the accident united us. After the accident, we just realized that we could not just keep going like that. Our relationship blossomed afterwards. Then in 2011 when my UTME was cancelled, my dad even followed me to some places when we were investigating the reason for the cancellation. We were wasting a lot of time trying to understand what went wrong with my result and at a point; I just felt that I should find an alternative. So I opted for UNILAG Diploma and soon as I got it I valued it.


No comments:

Post a Comment